NorthGa
jamesbibb

GPX

30 posts in this topic

Has anyone experimented with different brand headphones for the GPX?

I like the sound of grey ghosts on the gPx

but I like killer bees on my first Texas machines

1 person likes this

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
On 12/4/2012 at 9:01 AM, Ray said:

Used my 5000 for the first time last weekend, dug tons of nails, even with iron reject at 7. Everything sounds the same to me.

Really looking forward to trying it out in Culpeper.

Im no expert and have to read up on it everytime i use it. I have a new one from first of year. How ever i had it set up i could really tell the difference in nails and good stuff. There's some good videos on youtube, one says 

GPX CLASS PRE LOAD DIV XXXII by Anthony Hochstetler. Its really good and he will answer question really quick, Heath Jones of Treasure Mnt Detectors is also a pro at it,, he will help you anytime, he's the one does the pod cast on monday nights.. 

On 11/13/2015 at 6:47 AM, jamesbibb said:

I like the sound of grey ghosts on the gPx

but I like killer bees on my first Texas machines

KILLER BEES all the way... they stay on your head, sound is great, handle being beat up, the cold, the wet,, and if anything goes wrong as i pulled the cable lose, they repaired them in 2 day sand had them back no questions! 

My favorite for the GPX and all other detectors is the Black Widow. They are louder than other headphones, block out more wind and noise, you can concentrate more, and hear those fainter deeper signals better. The only draw back is that someone or something can sneak up on you pretty easily.

I just upgraded to a GPX 4500, what settings should I use? Hi mineral seems like the logical choice? Is it? What tweaks should I make to an existing program??