NorthGa
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt092079

My finds from the 3 day hunt for those who didn't attend.

12 posts in this topic

As I've said already, it was a blast and I always enjoy these hunts.  I enjoyed it more than the DIV(shhh), mainly because it was small, and not overwhelming.  It was a small intimate hunt with no egos.  Everybody was there to find relics and nothing more.  James is a good host.  Down to earth and just like one of us diggers, because he is one of us.  Ryan and I mainly hunted together, I strayed off a couple times.  First day I started slow.  We headed into the woods around 10:30 where the main dug in camp was, but there was too many people there and I don't like to step on any toes so I ventured off. I touched base with Ryan, because he stayed behind and he said he was finding a few button backs and buttons, so I headed back in and certainly glad I did.  I started hunting side by side with him and instantly found an eagle cuff button.  I hunkered down in there and started gridding, getting in between trees, briars and everything that I could to get a signal.  The F75 can sniff out that brass amongst that iron and I ended up getting 8 buttons the first day, 5 being general service eagle buttons, 1 officers staff cuff button, a plain ball cuff button and the best button of all, a nice confederate button, a Mississippi "I" coat button.  Imagine how floored I was digging that after digging a bunch of yankee buttons.  It was day one and that made my hunt for sure.  Everything else was icing on the cake.  Second day I ended back in the camp finding several button back and another general service coat button.  Day 3 I found a 1942 silver Washington in the pasture field along with some other various brass objects.  It was a great time and can't wait to do it all over again! HH!

post-160-0-37847300-1416965063_thumb.jpg

post-160-0-56597700-1416965081_thumb.jpg

post-160-0-44257700-1416965261_thumb.jpg

post-160-0-91474300-1416965276_thumb.jpg

post-160-0-82509300-1416965302_thumb.jpg

post-160-0-14054100-1416965319_thumb.jpg

5 people like this

Wow a Mississippi button. That was a fun three days.

Great finds !!!! It was a great hunt with a great bunch of people,i had a blast !!!!!

Very nice!

Bunker

Great buttons, Matt.  I echo your comments, it was great to hunt with everyone.  Hope to see everyone again soon.

2 people like this

Nice silver quarter and good buttons!

1 person likes this

Very nice finds!! Mississippi button is awesome

1 person likes this

Great button Matt !!! Banner find !!!

banner

1 person likes this

Thanks, James, for the banner and for organizing the hunt.  Had a good time for sure.  Don't think Ryan and I will be able to do any spring hunts, just a hard time for us with our work, but probably for sure will do a fall hunt if another one is organized.

Congrats on your Banner find!

Bunker

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0