amazing hunt snake KMMS va tounge xmas locket MISS I SABER BELT PLATE gold porter

Here is why I still search boxes of brinks half dollars!

15 posts in this topic

Posted

After many weeks of skunks sometimes I ask myself why do I continue to do this week after week, skunk box.... one after the other....then I get a box like this one last nite, and it reminds me WHY I continue to search brinks half dollar boxes!!!!

If you swing the bat enough times your bound to hit the ball sooner or later! I was WAY overdue for a GOOD box!

1-1964 kennedy 90% silver
3-Franklins
1-Walker
11- kennedy's 40% silver

post-78-0-72318500-1361066990_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-32144700-1361066999_thumb.jpg

Posted

Thats sweet, makes want to start looking too

Posted

thats awesome G4E!!!!   ive gotten about 30 rolls from some local banks before but with NO luck.   

Posted

Nice silver score WTG!

Posted

thats awesome G4E!!!!   ive gotten about 30 rolls from some local banks before but with NO luck.   

30 rolls? lol, I do a $500 box each week, that is 50 rolls x 52 weeks....2,600 rolls a yr

Posted

30 rolls? lol, I do a $500 box each week, that is 50 rolls x 52 weeks....2,600 rolls a yr

Yea it's just like metal detecting the more holes you dig the better your odds in finding good stuff!

Will your bank take back the rolls when your done? Mine makes me run them through a machine then they take 6%. So if there is no chance of silver I can't afford to lose all that money.

Posted

I use two banks, one is my buy bank, one is my dump bank. I made it clear my intentions with both banks before I opened accounts, they agreed NO fees would ever be charged for ordering or dumping coins

Posted

good job on the silver awesome score.There are some lazy tellers out there but you must diversify to get results.Awsome job on the 90% trifecta...Your barber half will come soon ive gotten 3 barber halfs in 3 years....

Posted

been searching for 8-9 yrs now and have NEVER gotten a barber dime OR a barber half!

Posted

you will get one I know it...

Posted

yeah my local banks are pretty cool about it- but you have to get $1000 - 2 boxes a shot or they won't order from the fed for you - I made the same things known before i started (and I haven't done any boxes yet this year, funds got allocated to deal with other pressing issues) - I had a 10 box streak of skunkness before I stopped last summer... and have been missing the hunt ever since... probably save up over the summer and start back up once it's cold out again..

Posted

Great job! You keep going to banks and you will find good stuff. I am friendly with the tellers at my bank and onceone of them said there was an old coin I could have. It was a barber half, and I was pretty excited but it felt odd when she handed it to me. I later found it was a cast counterfeit from the 20s or 30s. Still cool though. Old stuff it still out there!

1 person likes this

Posted

Very nice indeed, congrats!

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm going through great frustration right now. I have a great relationship with my bank and they order me $1000 in halves every week without any fees or issues. We even have an agreement and I don't have to reroll the coins, they provide me with a bag and I just open the rolls and dump the lose change in there.

My problem... the rolls are always Loomis and out if the last $4000 worth of coins there have been ZERO silver.

I've heard rumors that Loomis sorts the silver out when they roll. Can anyone confirm? I can't figure out why I can't get even a single silver. Do I need to find another bank?

That being said, I have found several uncirculated proofs in fantastic shape so it's not a complete waste.

Posted

Sounds like fun, ...   too bad I don't enter banks anymore  :sFun_shocked: 

I do something a bit similar, buy large silver 'junk lots' on ePay for spot or less, the larger lots usually come from pawn shops and often contain some nice stuff.

Best find was a 24 gram Dior necklace in white 14k, marked 585 and it did look like 925.  Another box was full of hundreds of new sterling charms & pendants, I sell a few every week at 15x spot.

Good luck on your next boxes :sunny: