amazing hunt snake KMMS va tounge xmas locket MISS I SABER BELT PLATE gold porter

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CTX-3030

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

the new minelab the ctx3030 it sourt of reminds of a little bit of the v3i well there are a couple of things that are cool that its water proof up to 10 feet and it has a gps thats a first that iv'e heard on any kind of detectors 1500 for it thats a awsome price for it now the thing is can it do what the gpx does its hard to say so i want to see if anybody would bring one and try it out at the relic resue hunt and see how well it could work in the hot soil its just a thought

Posted · Report post

So far I have not seen anything to make me think it would do any better than an Etrac. Maybe Mike has more info on this???

Posted · Report post

Not yet, I get mine in the morning, and you can bet your bottom dollar it will see Culpeper dirt within a week. You will get the honest review soon guys.

Stay tuned

Posted · Report post

Have they at least explained the difference between the FBS and FBS2 yet? Other than bells and whistles this is the only thing I can see that might make it a better detector than the Etrac.

Posted · Report post

I have a week on it...Call for verdict

Posted · Report post

Post up a review! I would love to see a nice review written up and post for all to see.(good and bad)

Posted · Report post

Just pre-ordered my CTX-3030 from woodland detectors. Great customer service guys! Keep up the good honest work and you will have a customer for life!

I'm excited to get the new detector :)

Posted · Report post

Well I have had the 3030 for about three weeks or so now and logged quite a few hours....thought I would share a few views on my experience so far....

I guess the first thing I should get out of the way is Depth.....Is it deeper than the Etrac?? I am not seeing any increase in depth...so I would say no...

Machine is pretty heavy...balanced ok...but my arm gets tired faster than it does with an Etrac or a SE...

The menus take a little getting use to...seems like it could be simplified .....but like anything ....once you learn it...I guess it's not such a pain...

The machine does hit harder on coins.....again not deeper but a stronger solid hit....Dug a few items I would have swore were going to be a large hinge or a gas valve etc.... but they were coins and buttons

I really like the addition of a clock...Has been in the top three want list for the ultimate detector functions...

Gps...I havent even tried it....sure it will come in handy for woods hunting... and finding my way back out....

The best feature by far is the wireless headphones.....the setup work really well....not lag....

I have heard of some shaft issues,,,And I noticed mine was a little stiff when I tried to shorten it the other day.,....perhaps some paraffin wax might help??

Installing the battery in the charger is a bit tricky....

Changing coils seem like it could be a real pain....I had some difficulty just hooking up the stock coil at the control panel.....not much room for larger hands...

The thought of being able to spray down my machine with the garden hose to clean is appealing....

EMI,,,,,well it does really well....Had one spot that was just killing every machine I own....The 3030 handled it pretty well...couple of blips here and there but was able to hunt the spot....

About all I can think of for now.....Soup

More....

Decided to pay close attention to the double icon screen (2 targets displayed at once) I dug atleast 10 signals that were Id'ing and sounding off as two targets beside or close to each other....Some were very iffy...and always came up multiple iron in the hole...of the others that were more repeatable (2 distinct tones signaling in the same spots) one came up as a coin close to iron....the rest were all iron....so I guess you could say it works....but not very well....

I also get some false high tones on the initial leading edge pass over some iron...return swings seem to settle out as iron...

Makes for a lot of stopping to check signals..

The false high tones were with a setting of (+0) auto sens

Screen is hard to see in sunlight...

I wish there was a setting for pinpoint sensitivity...surface targets are very difficult to pinpoint....

Posted · Report post

the new minelab the ctx3030 it sourt of reminds of a little bit of the v3i well there are a couple of things that are cool that its water proof up to 10 feet and it has a gps thats a first that iv'e heard on any kind of detectors 1500 for it thats a awsome price for it now the thing is can it do what the gpx does its hard to say so i want to see if anybody would bring one and try it out at the relic resue hunt and see how well it could work in the hot soil its just a thought

$1500 IS a great Price !! Who's selling them for that ???

Posted · Report post

I just got my mind lab 30 30 last year and I'm still new at it trying to figure it out if anybody out there and help me I appreciate it I live in Indianapolis Indiana and I'm just starting with it.they call me the Colorado Forty Niner. I appreciate any input that anybody can give me about the 30 30 it's a really nice tool I'm just new at it does need some help thank you.

Posted · Report post

Hi there redknigt1957...just saw your post... have you been able to get a handle on that CTX 3030?  If not, shoot me a PM.   Its no more difficult to set up than
an Etrac or Explorer.  Once you get it set up you can pretty much use it as a turn on and go machine if you want to keep it simple.   :)

Posted · Report post

I LOVED THAT VIDEO WHEN HITLER SAYED THE MINELAB 3030 IS A GLORIFIED ETRAC GOOD STUFF!

Posted · Report post

Here's the settings I use for relic hunting. 

Posted · Report post

Awesome video , i just purchased a ctx and this is a huge help  . thanks 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cool I hope it pays off for ya.

Posted · Report post

I finally figured out how to use Xchange2 so I can export and import programs to and from my CTX. Here's Minelab's video on how it works  

If you get it up and running and are interested in my programs let me know. I've also recently got a program for hot soil. 

Posted · Report post

Hello all,

I know I am new and I don't mean to spam other CTX3030 forums, but after reading these posts I thought the members here might like to see the programs employed by a resident programmer at minelabber.com.

You'll want to read the whole thread to understand how to use the Tadpole2 and Ghost programs while hunting, but I have to tell you they worked VERY GOOD on improving depth and identifying good targets.  No one wants to dig 12 inches to find junk.

Take a read and enjoy ;).

http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24913&s=88481ec8e6b43b05f1684eb54adfc29c

Posted · Report post

Hello all,

I know I am new and I don't mean to spam other CTX3030 forums, but after reading these posts I thought the members here might like to see the programs employed by a resident programmer at minelabber.com.

You'll want to read the whole thread to understand how to use the Tadpole2 and Ghost programs while hunting, but I have to tell you they worked VERY GOOD on improving depth and identifying good targets.  No one wants to dig 12 inches to find junk.

Take a read and enjoy ;).

http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24913&s=88481ec8e6b43b05f1684eb54adfc29c

I've already downloaded IHG's programs. Thanks for the heads up though.